Common questions in dentistry.
Parents have a major and major effort in preparing the child for such a visit by doing the following: -
• Pre-preparing that visit and convincing the child of the need to receive treatment because that will shorten the time for the doctor and make him free to provide a good medical service.
• Tell the child that visiting the dental clinic is necessary for early detection, protection of teeth, and pain relief
• Try to teach the child the behavior expected of him when visiting the pediatric clinic, as you say (my son is brave and tomorrow when he goes to the dental clinic, he will greet the doctor, sit on the chair, and open his mouth to the doctor when asked to do so. Try to give your son a model that mimics him (father, brother, mother) By saying (when your brother visited the dentist, he was brave and treated all his teeth).
• Do not mention in front of your child what scares him in the dental clinic
• Do not allow your child to spend too much food before the appointment and only have a meal Mild enough time for the doctor's appointment .
• A pediatric dentist is qualified to handle With children according to their psychology and moods, do not try to interfere between the child and the doctor and leave the relationship directly between them
• Do not look at the child's face, because he can read the parent's facial expressions, rather sit away from him and try to get busy with reading
• Do not interfere with the doctor's work during treatment and ask him questions. He is the one who can provide a successful treatment for your child
• When you want to leave the clinic, tell your child that you are proud of him because he did a great job and ask him to thank the doctor and the medical staff and say hello to them.
• When you arrive home, direct your child the words of praise and flattery in front of family and friends.
• Try to reward it with a symbolic gift. Your constant eagerness to provide superior medical care for your children is matched by presenting them to doctors specializing in pediatrics. We were also keen at Dima Dental Centers to provide the best medical competencies specialized in the field of pediatric dentistry and able to deal with all of your children's preventive treatment needs.
We are also keen to provide the appropriate atmosphere to prepare your children psychologically and alleviate their expected stress.
However, when longer treatment periods are required or if the child is difficult to deal with directly, the specialist doctor will give you a set of options to deal with the child’s condition
Such as using relaxation medications, using funny gas (nitrous oxide gas), or even the possibility of arranging one-day operations under complete anesthesia by a pediatric dentist.
When brushing a child's teeth, he must pay attention to the following: • To brush the teeth no less than twice a day, especially after meals and before bed.
The most important of them is right before bed.
• Use a soft brush the size appropriate for the child
• Use a special paste for children, preferably with flavors the child loves and in a small amount (the size of a pea).
Must not wet the brush before use • The brush is applied to the last tooth
At an angle of 45 degrees
• The brushing starts from the gum line towards the chewing surface of the tooth, with a gentle circular motion.
• Repeated movement on the same place 5 times
• We move to the inner surface of the tooth and repeat the same movement • We move to the chewing surface of the tooth and rise
Brushing it with a pull-out motion • We move to the next tooth and repeat the process with all the teeth
We brush the front and top teeth from the inside with a pull-down motion and the lower front teeth on the inside with a pull-up movement.
When the brushing process is finished, the brushes are gently passed onto the tongue to remove germs and give the mouth a pleasant smell.
The brushing period should last from (2-3) minutes.
And we always advise parents to empty their children's teeth themselves so that the child learns the correct method of use
I advise the parents that the child delegate his parent's teeth
The mother teaches her child the correct way of reporting while brushing her teeth.
It is possible to hold a competition between two children, one to brush the mother's teeth and the other to brush the father's teeth.
Yes . All studies and research indicate that the parent and the child's immediate surroundings are the main cause of the emergence of a fear complex in children, so parents must first refrain from mentioning the words that cause fear in the child such as (needles, tooth extraction, blood, anesthesia, pain ... Or threatening them with something)
And not to mention other people's bad experiences with dental clinics in front of children.
He left the process of explaining those details to the medical staff trained in how to deal with children, using advanced words and methods that do not cause fear for the child.
When the child's first age appears (approximately
The six months) begins with the identification of the external periphery and all research and studies confirm that this is the appropriate age for the first visit to the dentist as he will build in his mind a dental clinic as a natural part of the outer periphery
Consequently, when the child reaches his age, he will become aware and is usually (4-5 years) more daring and convinced of the importance of the methods and concepts presented to him in the dental clinic that will, God willing, preserve his teeth.
The role of the pediatric dentist is complementary to the role of the parents, who have the primary and major responsibility. Since the birth of the child, the mother must massage his gums using a piece of cotton or wet gauze in water after each infant, and when the first age of the child appears, the tooth for the children must be brushed Without using toothpaste (under two years)
Children are not born with a feeling of fear from the dentist, this negative feeling comes as a result of learning from the ocean
Family or school
We have the experience and training to assess children's behavior and determine which treatment method is best for your child
We are happy to discuss all of your child's treatment options
A good way to avoid problems is early and regular preventive visits rather than waiting until you feel sharp pains in your child's teeth.
Young children (two to six years old), who suffer from acute cavities in most teeth (upper and lower) are fully rehabilitated to the child's teeth under full anesthesia in one visit.
Funny gas is a device used with children over six years old, and for children with terror from the dental clinic and the tools around it, and its job is to calm the child and give him some recovery when he gets treatment at the dentist.