When does a patient decide to install a Hollywood smile or a zirconium formula
In contemporary dentistry, A Hollywood smile is a common procedure in dentistry. It changes your smile through many dental procedures. This procedure includes all procedures required to give you a bright smile. The patient’s needs are taken into consideration when choosing a Hollywood smile treatment. Dental supply producers from all over the world have released a variety of dental raw materials over the past several decades. Some were successful at first but soon lost their appeal, while others, such as the Zirconium formula or the Hollywood smile, continued to be successful. Zirconium is now the greatest dental restoration material.
The zirconium formula has been the most used raw material for implanted medical devices in general over the past twenty years, not just for dental prostheses. Zirconium is being used in more and more implant components. Zirconium works better and has more benefits than titanium or medical grade stainless steel. The only material that offers the highest benefits in terms of biocompatibility for dental restorations. As many patients can no longer tolerate gold. The zirconium composition also provides a more organic look. It is an ideal material for restoring missing teeth.
Description of Hollywood smile or zirconium formula
Hollywood smile or zirconium formula consists of zirconium dioxide, which is a non-metallic material that has the best mechanical strength and fracture resistance. In addition to strength, its exceptional surface smoothness is another major factor in its widespread use in medical equipment. Hollywood smile or zirconium formula has been used extensively across all markets and industries in items such as watches, knives, jewelry, valves, gears, and pumps, to name a few.
Zirconium composition: what is it?
Zirconium dioxide is used to provide a covering technology called a zirconium crown on the tooth surfaces. Primarily used to support broken, cracked, weak or poorly shaped teeth. Other dental crowns can also be replaced with this technique. It is desirable to have a smile and a better dental appearance in addition to dental care.
Zirconium composition in modern dentistry
The newest addition to dental materials is the zirconium formula. Zirconium had only a modest market share in dentistry until around 2009, when gold prices skyrocketed. Therefore, zirconium has gained popularity among dentists specializing in restorative dentistry as a cheaper alternative to expensive gold crowns.
The strongest ceramic material is zirconium. It is ten times stronger than the natural enamel of our teeth. As a result, if repaired properly, it can last for a very long time to almost never break. However, since the bending strength is not as excellent as that of metal, it is not recommended to use aesthetic veneers or crowns less than 0.8 mm thick.
A brief history of the development of the Hollywood smile or the zirconium formula
Since its first use in 1998 at the Dental Clinic of the University of Zurich (Switzerland), zirconium crowns have become more and more popular. The use of zirconium is constantly increasing because it completely replaces metal (chromium, cobalt, nickel, vanadium and strontium) when making dental crowns and bridges today, giving the impression that we are heading towards metal-free dental solutions.
Long before they were covered with ceramics, the interior and skeleton of dental crowns were mostly made of zirconium in dentistry. Initially, zirconium is an opaque white color (like gypsum). It now has a very natural look, brightness, brilliance and translucency thanks to ceramic. However, it is possible for ceramics to jump from (fractured) zirconium, which is why research has been conducted in recent years on how to use zirconium and its capabilities while largely or entirely avoiding the use of ceramics. Today, zirconium has been developed to perfectly replicate natural teeth. It is more transparent, attractive, and less forceful in order to fully reflect the natural tooth structure.
When does a patient decide to install a Hollywood smile or a zirconium formula?
Some people may choose zirconium crowns, while others may not be sure. You must be aware of the various benefits of a zirconium crown. The following cases should choose the Zirconium composition:
- Individuals who suffer from metal allergies.
- People who have damaged or missing teeth, have crooked teeth, have discolored teeth.
- Those who find broken tooth structure upsetting.
- Those whose old dental fillings have deteriorated.
- People who want to have beautiful teeth without spending time on root canals or other procedures.
- People suffer from gum problems.
- Also, People who suffer from severe loss of material in their teeth due to decay or fractures.
- People who want to have an attractive smile.
Zirconium manufacturing process
Because of this comprehensive examination and conversations with patients, the medical specialists create a unique treatment plan for each patient. If the patient approves the plan, the procedure begins. A comprehensive picture of the inside and outside the mouth as well as a 3D scan of the teeth is obtained before treatment begins. First, any disease already present in the gums is treated, followed by root canal treatment, dental restorations and any required tooth extractions.
Because zirconium is positioned so that it completely encapsulates the existing tooth and needs space, the teeth to which it will be bonded must be reduced somewhat on all sides. The gum line or gum line is properly straightened. Once all of the patient’s expectations have been met, any necessary adjustments are made before dental fixation is performed. After receiving comprehensive instructions on how to care for zirconium crowns, the patient finally gets their final intraoral and extra oral images, intraoral 3D scans, and a brand new smile.
Benefits of installing a Hollywood smile or a zirconium combination
Here are some of the benefits of installing a Hollywood smile or a zirconium combination:
- Zirconium teeth are transparent and have a pigment that is remarkably close to the natural teeth. It prevents darkening of the gum area, unlike metal-supported crowns.
- Compared to other dental crowns, they may last a very long time because they are very strong and flexible. It is resistant to all bite stresses.
- Most dentists prefer zirconium crowns because they do not cause sensitivity or harm the gums or oral tissues.
- Zirconium crowns can withstand heat. While sensitivity to heat and cold is typical of other crowns, it is unacceptably low in zirconium crowns. When you eat or drink anything cold or hot, your gums will not feel any pain.
- Zirconium is a healthy material that does not contribute to bad breath. Zirconium crowns do not exhibit an odor problem because they are metal-free.
- Smoking and coffee, which darken the teeth, exacerbate the problems of metal-supported crowns. Zirconium crowns do not show any darkening problems.
- Zirconium crown does not require special attention from you. You can take care of your oral hygiene on a daily basis.